Thursday, October 02, 2014

It was an Incredible and Amazing Adventure!

I cannot yet put into words what this Raft Trip through the Grand Canyon has meant to me. It was the most awesome thing I have ever done and I am so glad that I had Sue and Fred to experience it with (as well as all of the guides and other passengers). It was Absolutely Amazing!

It will take a while to "process" it all but I will be sharing more later. It will be 10 days or more before I get back to Indiana and internet access will be sporadic.

We arrived at Marble Canyon Lodge on Tuesday afternoon (September 16th), got settled in, then went for a short drive to Lee's Ferry where the rafts were already loaded and waiting for departure the next morning. Notice the clear, clean water? Six days later, the water would  start turning brown and then even more brown until it was a very, very muddy river.

Six days into the trip and I'm still smiling! The guide in this raft, K.J., is to my left. Nancy and Tom are the other two passengers on that day - they are 78 and 79 years of age and both have a great sense of humor and incredible sense of adventure. Photo courtesy of Sue Elliott.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Note: The page Grand Canyon Raft Trip lists all of my posts published about this Grand Adventure!

Published under a Creative Commons License.
Becky Wiseman, "It was an Incredible and Amazing Adventure!," Kinexxions, posted October 2, 2014 (http://kinexxions.blogspot.com/2014/10/it-was-incredible-and-amazing-adventure.html : accessed [access date])

1 comment:

Michelle Goodrum said...

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! We've thought about rafting the canyon for years.