Michael and Christenia Houck Fisher, my 3rd Great Grandparents, emigrated from Germany to the United States about 1835. Their first three children were born in Germany and the last six were born in Stark County, Ohio. Michael died between March 19, 1845 when his will was signed and April 21, 1845 when his will was brought before the court for probate.
- Michael and Christenia Fisher - Immigrant Ancestors September 02, 2007
- The First Record of Michael Fisher September 03, 2007 [purchase of land in December 1840]
- The Will of Michael Fisher - April 1845 September 04, 2007
- Change in Guardianship for the Fisher Children - 1847 September 05, 2007
- The Search for the Fisher Children September 08, 2007
- Gathering Information October 08, 2007 [Trip to Goshen and Elkhart for marriage records and obituaries.]
- Phend-Fisher Family Reunion Ledger Index [Index to a series of posts with transcriptions of the Reunion Ledger entries 1897-1943]
- Jacob and Louisa (Fisher) Phend September 26, 2007 [Biography & Photos]
- Jacob and Louisa (Fisher) Phend - part 2 September 26, 2007 [continued with Biography & more Photos]
3. Katherine Fisher and George Walter
4. Sophia Fisher Foltz Walter
After the death of her husband, Franklin Foltz, and her sister Katherine, Sophia married George Walter.
5. Rachel Fisher and John Harvey
- The Search for Rachel Fisher September 11, 2007 [Rachel Fisher married John Harvey about 1858, later she moved to Iowa and Kansas]
- I'm not in Kansas anymore! November 30, 2007 [Summary of research trip to Kansas]
- A Tale of Two Pensioners November 23, 2008 [Samuel Fisher's Pension Record]
- Samuel and Lucretia Fisher January 11, 2010 [Brief biographical sketch]
- Tombstone Tuesday :: Fisher and Davis January 12, 2010 [Samuel, Lucretia and her mother Glorianne Caswell Davis are buried in Colyer Cemetery,Douglas County, Kansas.]
- The Children of Samuel and Lucretia Fisher January 13, 2010 [The little bit of information that was found on the children.]
8. Solomon Fisher
Born about 1843 in Ohio. He enlisted on January 7, 1862 and served as a private in Company I, 48th Regiment, Indiana Infantry. Solomon reportedly died on September 19, 1862 at Iuka, Mississippi.
9. Lydia Fisher and Aaron H. Conroy
- Special Delivery... November 06, 2007 [Received Aaron Conroy's Pension Record]
- Aaron & Lydia Fisher Conroy - Civil War Pension November 10, 2007
Originally Posted on March 3, 2008 :: Last Updated on January 13, 2010
Post date adjusted December 29, 2012 so that when a search for the surname is done on the blog this post will appear first the search list.