An Index Post is how I keep track of all of the blog posts that have been written on a family line. It helps keep me organized and allows visitors to easily find information on that family. This post will be updated as new blog posts are written on the family.Henry Bray is my 5th great-grandfather (times two). His daughter Margaret as well as his son John are my 4th great-grandparents. Margaret married James Ball and their daughter Susanna married Samuel, son of John. Yes, Susanna and Samuel were first cousins. At least it reduces the number of ancestors that need to be researched! At the time of his death, Henry's wife was named Cathryn. It is not known whether or not she was the mother of any or all of his 11 known children.
Naomi Bray, daughter of Samuel and Susanna (Ball) Bray, married Charles Wiseman in 1849 in Switzerland County, Indiana. They were the parents of five children - their son, Samuel Bray Wiseman is my great-grandfather.
Henry Bray - 5th Great Grandfather
- Locating the Ancestral Lands in Kentucky - May 22, 2012 - Henry Bray removed to Nelson County about 1790 and settled along Pottinger's Creek southeast of what is now New Haven, Kentucky.
- Tombstone Tuesday :: John Bray - September 08, 2009 - John is buried in McKay Cemetery, Craig Township, Switzerland County, Indiana
- A Day with a Distant Cousin! - November 10, 2010 - I met up with Jesse, a descendant of John Bray and his second wife Elizabeth Coones (or Coonis or Coonies). Includes an image of their marriage record from Gallatin County, Kentucky.
These three posts document the information known about John Bray and when he settled in Switzerland County, Indiana. Research done for possible submission to the Territorial Guard Society of Indiana.
- The Evidence at Hand - April 30, 2012 - What was known about John.
- This Looks Promising... - May 02, 2012 - An affidavit by Daniel Bray provides a clue.
- It's Looking Better... - May 06, 2012 - An entry at the Cincinnati Land Office shows that John purchased land on May 5, 1816!
- The Marriage of Samuel Bray and Susanna Ball - May 23, 2012 - A visit to the Clerks Office in Owenton, Kentucky results in finding the original Permission Slip and Ministers Return for the marriage of Samuel and Susanna.
- See Wiseman Family :: Index to Posts for information on her family and descendants.
- Switzerland County :: Wiseman-Bray Marriage - June 1, 2012 - The marriage record of Charles Wiseman and Naomi Bray was obtained on a visit to the Courthouse in Vevay, Switzerland County.
Published under a Creative Commons License.
Becky Wiseman, "Bray Family :: Index to Posts," Kinexxions, posted June 2, 2012 (http://kinexxions.blogspot.com/2012/06/bray-family-index-to-posts.html : accessed [access date])
Originally posted June 2, 2012. Post date adjusted December 29, 2012 so that when a search for the surname is done on the blog the post will appear first the search list.