It should come as no surprise that I am still in Salt Lake City! When I registered for RootsTech I also decided to spend the month of February here since I don't know if or when I'll get back this way. And even though I spent a total of 10 weeks here last year, there is still a lot to do.
You may find it somewhat strange that last week I spent only 3 days at the Library but, among other things, in those 3 days I was able to confirm five more Pennsylvania German ancestors! Aside from the New England ancestors, the Pennsylvania Germans are my largest “group” of immigrant ancestors. These are ancestors that other researchers had “found” or thought that “perhaps” they might be the parents of known ancestors but had no documentation on which to base those somewhat shaky conclusions. I now have the estate files, which provide the necessary link between the generations. But, there are a few more Pennsylvania German ancestors that I'm still looking for as well as several other “missing” ancestors.
I'm also very happy to report that the file naming project is mostly complete! All of the files for the direct ancestors have been renamed putting them in chronological order. That has come in very handy with determining what I have and what I still need to look for. The files for the siblings and/or children of the ancestors were also renamed but those were sequenced by name and date.
All in all, it has been a productive week. Stay tuned for future posts and a couple of really interesting documents...