1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
My Grandfather (Dad's Dad) Charles Wilson Wiseman was born September 20, 1885 and would be 125 years old. Divided by 4 and rounded to a whole number, my roulette number is 31.
Number 31 in my ahnentafel is Sophia Elizabeth Dunfee. She was the daughter of William Hamilton Dunfee and Catherine Jones and was born September 18, 1850 in Columbia City, Whitley County, Indiana. She married William Pythagrus Wise on October 9, 1873 in Whitley County. Sophia passed away on December 6, 1916 in Troy Township, Whitley County, Indiana.
Three facts about Sophia:
- Sophia was a farmer's wife and the mother of four children: Harry H. Wise, Maude Wise Brubaker, Maurice James Wise, and Hazlette Wise Burns.
- She lived her entire life in Whitley County, Indiana. Three of her siblings died in infancy and a fourth died at the age of 12. The two siblings who lived into adulthood had no children.
- Sophia created a scrapbook of newspaper clippings of (mostly) obituaries of family, friends and neighbors. The patent date of the scrapbook is March 1876. The scrapbook was passed down to Sophia's daughter, Maude Wise Brubaker then to her daughter Hazlette Brubaker Phend then to her daughter Phyllis Phend Mitchell. The Scrapbook was given to me last week by Phyllis' daughter.