Wednesday, December 08, 2010

An Update...

After having arrived at my friends place in Louisiana last Friday evening, I've been off the road for a few days. I'll be here for a couple more days but am planning to leave on Sunday. Even though it has been cold here (highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s) I'm thankful that I'm not further north and that I don't have to endure the snow and colder weather! And even more thankful for friends that provide a place to stay out of the weather!

I've been taking advantage of the “down time” to work on a little project... I've decided to “dismantle” my website. It has been more than two years since I've added anything new so I think it is time to let it go. The Whitley County pages are going to be moved to the website of the Genealogical Society of Whitley County (which is now at its new location on the web) and some of the family data will eventually be moved here to this blog. Yesterday, I finished modifications to the Whitley County pages and got them sent off to their webmaster.

Now I've got to consider how and when family information will be posted to the blog. There is my Grandmother's autobiography, a series of 30+ letters written to the Berlin family in the 1860s and 70s, and a lot of obituaries that I've transcribed. Those things will keep me busy for a while ;-)

But mostly, I'm just takin' it easy.... and thinking of warmer days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New shoes?

Carol said...

Another great photo, love the 90 degree boards, and the shoes. enjoy your down time.