Friday, July 09, 2010

Nevada Sunset

Before I left home on my journey a little more than 10 months ago, my friends (Susan and Don) back in Whitley County generously offered me the use of their vacation home in southwest Montana “any time I wanted to take a break from the road” and “for as long as it was needed.” Thank you very much!! You have no idea what it means to me, because that time has finally come...

I left Lassen Volcanic National Park early on the morning of June 30th and drove over 500 miles through northern Nevada to South Fork State Park near Spring Creek (south of Elko, which is on Interstate 80). The Dixie River has been dammed so it is also a State Recreation Area.

It seems like it has been so long since I've witnessed the setting sun and this one was fabulous.



1 comment:

Ruth/Gram said...

Beautiful sunset! I've missed the sunsets! Ruth