Monday, October 05, 2009

Wow! I've been nominated...

Thank you so much to everyone who nominated Kinexxions for the Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs (in the Personal/Family Category)! And congratulations go out to all of the other nominees.

The editorial staff of Family Tree Magazine will be selecting 40 blogs in the various categories for an article scheduled to be published in the May 2010 issue. Blogs were nominated by readers last month and the voting is now open (and will continue to November 5th) to determine the final 80 blogs that will make the cut.

Blogs were grouped into 10 different categories based on the purpose or intent of the blog: All-around, Personal/Family, Local/Regional, Cemetery, Photos/Heirlooms, Heritage, News/Resources, How-to, Genealogy Companies, and Genetic Genealogy. The Genealogy Insider has more information about the categories.


Caution, shameless plug coming. . . I realize that Kinexxions has been a bit preoccupied with some traveling and hasn't posted much content recently that is related to family history but if you'd care to vote for me I'm near the bottom of the list (hopefully that doesn't really mean anything ;-) in the Personal/Family category. And, hey, you can even vote more than once if you'd like to!

Update October 6th:
I've been informed by Bill West (thanks Bill!) that the list of blogs in each category changes each time you view the poll, so you'll just have to look for the blogs for which you want to vote. Also, the illustrious footnoteMaven (who has been nominated in two categories!) has created a list of links to each of the nominated blogs, which is quite helpful in reviewing the nominees prior to voting.

8 comments:

Bill West said...

I voted for you, Becky. And that list changes
the order every time you go to the page. I know this because my blog has been in two different
spots in our category.

Congratulations!

Bill

Thomas MacEntee said...

Becky

I too voted for kinexxions as well as nominated your blog last month - you were one of the first people I met on the genealogy blogosphere - and I'll never forget how welcoming you were (and still are!)

Save travels.

Amy (We Tree) said...

Congratulations! I think your traveling adventures are part of family history. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your travels.

footnoteMaven said...

Becky:

You were my inspiration for Shades and the first person I turned to for "Friday From The Collectors."

I've said it before and I'll say it again - "You are the consummate genealogist/family historian.

You had my nomination and you have my vote!

-fM

Terri said...

Congratulations Becky!!

Greta Koehl said...

Congratulations, Becky! And I say that travel is related to genealogy - even when you're not doing research or visiting ancestors' graves, you're creating memories!

Gini said...

Congratulations Becky, I voted for you also, you were one of the very first blogs I read for a long time before I started my own. You are a true inspiration. Stay safe and have fun for all of us in your travels. I look forward to seeing where your next post comes from!

Cindy said...

Becky - Many Congrats on your nomination! Best of Luck in the voting!!!