Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Shopping

The topic for the December 19th installment of the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories hosted by Thomas MacEntee is: "Christmas Shopping. How did your family handle Christmas Shopping? Did anyone finish early or did anyone start on Christmas Eve?"

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that mom was the one who did the Christmas shopping in our family when we were kids. I don't ever remember her taking us kids shopping with her. And I'm sure she had all the shopping done long before Christmas.

There was only one time in my young-adult days that I waited until several days before Christmas to go shopping. I had a terrible time finding the appropriate gifts so resolved that I would always start my shopping no later than the first week of December. One time (just one time!) I went shopping on "black Friday" and went to "the mall" in Fort Wayne. Never again! No matter what bargains are available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have to be a "Registered User" to leave a comment. This means you must have a user ID with one of the following: Google, Live Journal, Word Press, Type Pad, AIM,or Open Id. If you don't have one of those IDs you can always send me an email (link in upper right corner of the blog). I apologize for the inconvenience but the amount of Spam Comments being left was overwhelming. Comment moderation is turned on for posts more than 3 days old.